Some holy habits for this season:
1. Stay connected
· Talk to others daily by phone/social media
· Say how you are being affected/ feeling
· Connect to God, pour your heart out
· Go for walks, keep social distancing
2. Build structure into your day
· Set meal times
· Daily exercise
· Bible study
· Limit time on social media / following news/ only get information form a reliable source
3. Get back a sense of control
· Make a list of what you do and do not have control of
· Take a look at what you do not have control of and surrender it to God
· Look at the things you can control, acknowledge them to yourself and practice them e.g. clean and organise
· Jobs you have put off but have time for now
· Learn a new skill
4. Express your competency
· Do things you are good at, that give you a sense of achievement
5. Be mindful of your thoughts and feelings
· Watch them go by in your mind’s eye but do not grab onto them
· Don't get into imaginings i.e. worst-case scenarios. Deal with the real stuff in your life
· Stay in the now.
6. Exercise and laugh
· Breathe and relax
7. Put what is happening into the perspective of the bigger picture/ a longer timeline.
· i.e. it will end, and life will resume again.
8. Be aware that old issues can be triggered
· Limit worry time, you can schedule it into your day e.g. 10 minutes and no more. Write it out/ journal
· Talk to others too.
9. Practice gratitude
· Express it: journal/ out loud to self to others in appreciation of them.
10. Remember other difficult times and how you have coped and got through it.
· Reassure yourself you can cope
11. Remember life is a gift from God and he is ultimately in charge.
· Read scripture